Did you know that Earth Day is on April 22? Why not take this time to monitor your vehicle’s fuel consumption, so you can drive a little bit greener? At Stadium Auto Service, we are environmentally conscious, as we try to minimize our impact on the environment. Here are few ways you can drive green this Spring:
- Anticipate traffic. If you are thinking about what is ahead, you can anticipate when you have to give gas or brake. Several studies have shown that accelerating and braking quickly uses up a lot of fuel.
- Monitor your vehicle’s speed. If you limit your vehicle’s speed, you can also limit your CO2 emissions.
- Get rid of unnecessary weight. For every bit of excess weight in your vehicle, fuel consumption is increased.
- Minimize your time spent in traffic, as there is more braking and accelerating in rush hour, or worse traffic jams. Plan your appointments carefully, so you can work around the traffic in Ann Arbor.
- Avoid idling. Idling wastes one liter of fuel per hour. If you have to wait even one minute, just turn your car off.
Our technicians will make sure your European vehicle is running in tip-top shape, and we will keep your car efficiently and effectively. This way, we can monitor your vehicle’s effect on the environment. To schedule an appointment, call us at (734) 761-8006. We are conveniently located at 2115 S. State Street, #B, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. Again, happy 2018 from our team at State Street Auto Service!