It’s hard to leave our dog behind, which is why many of us can’t help but bring our beloved pup along with wherever we go. However, we have to be mindful of driving with our furry co-pilot, as it raises both safety concerns for you and your pup. Before hitting the streets in Ann Arbor, take a look at these helpful tips for driving with your furry co-pilot:
- Don’t let your dog roam free. It’s important to keep your pet confined to one area, as to minimize distractions. Also, he could get seriously injured in the event of an accident.
- Try a safety harness. Yes, there are safety harnesses for your dogs, and these devices are meant to work with your car’s existing seat belt.
- Stop frequently. A mess in the car on a long trip is not at the top of our list of fun things to do, so make sure you stop frequently to avoid one of those smelly situations.
- Don’t forget about food or water. It’s always good to be prepared with a bag of food and a bottle of water for your pup.
- Make sure you have an ID tag. Just in case your dog somehow gets separated from you, it’s important to ensure you have a way he gets back to you.
Stadium Auto Service specializes in the maintenance and repair of German vehicles, and after a thorough inspection, our team will make sure your car will continue to perform in tip-top shape. We want you to be able to enjoy your outing with your furry co-pilot. To schedule an appointment with our technicians, call us at (734) 369-6787. We are conveniently located at 2405 W Stadium Blvd Ann Arbor, MI 48103.